The much hyped J&K all party meet concluded with PM Modi heading the convention.
Here is what each political leader from Jammu and Kashmir said.
Omar Abdullah, NC
- We told PM that we don’t stand with what was done on 5th Aug 2019. We’re not ready to accept it. But we won’t take law into hands. We’ll fight this in court. We also told PM that there’s been breach of trust b/w State & Centre. It’s Centre’s duty to restore it.
- We requested PM that our fight will continue but it’s essential to reverse some decisions that aren’t at all in the interest of J&K. It was given the status of a UT, people don’t like it. They want full statehood for J&K with J&K cadre restored.
Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad
- The Home Minister said the government is committed to granting statehood to Jammu and Kashmir. All leaders demanded full-fledged statehood.
- We kept 5 demands in the meeting- grant statehood soon, conduct Assembly elections to restore democracy, rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K, all political detainees should be released and on domicile rules.
People’s Conference leader Sajjad Lone.
The meeting was held in a very cordial manner. We came out quite positive that hopefully there will be some delivery for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
J&K Apni Party’s Altaf Bukhari
- The PM asked all to participate in the delimitation process. We have been assured that this is the roadmap towards elections. PM also said that we are committed to the restoration of statehood.
- The talks were held in a good atmosphere today. The Prime Minister heard our issues of all leaders. PM said that the election process will begin when the delimitation process finishes.
Muzaffar Hussain Baig
All leaders demanded statehood. To which PM said, the delimitation process should conclude first and then other issues will be addressed. It was a satisfactory meeting. There was complete unanimity for restoring peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ravinder Raina, J&K BJP chief
All leaders of Jammu and Kashmir have been assured by PM Narendra Modi that all will work together for the future and betterment of J&K. PM Modi heard everyone and said that all steps will be taken for the development of the people of J&K.
Kavinder Gupta, BJP
- The process will come into effect about which people are hoping that they’ll get a representative. Article 370 has been abrogated. It should not even be thought that it will ever come back.
- All political parties presented their opinions. I think that in the time to come, the political process is going to begin. The election will also be held after the delimitation process. Assembly will be constituted there once again.