By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Kashmir DigitsKashmir Digits
  • KASHMIR
  • JAMMU
  • EDUCATION
  • INDIA
  • Results
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • Admit Card
  • EDITORIAL
  • HEALTH
  • JAMMU
  • JKBOSE
  • JOBS
  • Kashmir University
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • SRINAGAR
  • SSC
  • VIDEOS
  • WORLD
  • Share Market Latest
Reading: US extends Iran ceasefire after Pakistan’s request, says Donald Trump
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Kashmir DigitsKashmir Digits
Font ResizerAa
  • KASHMIR
  • JAMMU
  • EDUCATION
  • INDIA
  • Results
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • Admit Card
  • EDITORIAL
  • HEALTH
  • JAMMU
  • JKBOSE
  • JOBS
  • Kashmir University
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • SRINAGAR
  • SSC
  • VIDEOS
  • WORLD
  • Share Market Latest
  • KASHMIR
  • JAMMU
  • EDUCATION
  • INDIA
  • Results
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • Admit Card
  • EDITORIAL
  • HEALTH
  • JAMMU
  • JKBOSE
  • JOBS
  • Kashmir University
  • PAKISTAN
  • SPORTS
  • SRINAGAR
  • SSC
  • VIDEOS
  • WORLD
  • Share Market Latest
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
PAKISTANWORLD

US extends Iran ceasefire after Pakistan’s request, says Donald Trump

Muneeb Mushtaq
Last updated: April 22, 2026 2:15 pm
Muneeb Mushtaq
4 weeks ago
Share

Donald Trump announced an extension of the two-week ceasefire with Iran on Tuesday after Pakistan’s request.

“Based on the fact that the Government of Iran is seriously fractured, not unexpectedly so and, upon the request of Field Marshal Asim Munir, and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, of Pakistan, we have been asked to hold our Attack on the Country of Iran until such time as their leaders and representatives can come up with a unified proposal,” he wrote on his Truth Social platform.

He further added, “I have therefore directed our Military to continue the Blockade and, in all other respects, remain ready and able, and will therefore extend the Ceasefire until such time as their proposal is submitted, and discussions are concluded, one way or the other.”

However, the Iranian regime discarded the attempt as a ploy to buy time for a surprise strike on Iran.

Trump’s recent social media posts have angered the top brass of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps which led to a re-closure of the strait of Hormuz after being opened a day before.

However, Sharif who has acted as the principal mediator – thanked Trump. “Pakistan shall continue its earnest efforts for [a] negotiated settlement of [the] conflict,” he posted.

A first round of talks in Islamabad 10 days ago ended with no sign of agreement on the future of the strait of Hormuz, the key waterway which was closed to shipping by Iran in the early days of the conflict, cutting the supply of around a fifth of the world’s oil and gas.

The US last week imposed a blockade on Iranian ports to pressure Tehran into reopening the strait, and on Sunday it seized an Iranian cargo vessel.

Iran warns US

Ahead of US-Iran peace talks scheduled to take place in Pakistan on Tuesday, the Speaker of Iran’s Parliament has signalled a potential shift in Tehran’s strategy, stating that the country is “prepared to reveal new cards on the battlefield. ” The talks are taking place days before the ceasefire deadline expires on April 22.

“Trump, by imposing a siege and violating the ceasefire, seeks to turn this negotiating table in his own imagination into a table of surrender or to justify renewed warmongering. We do not accept negotiations under the shadow of threats,” Ghalibaf said, adding that Iran has spent the past two weeks preparing undisclosed measures.

 

 

TAGGED:IranpakistanUS
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article delimitation “Same haste you showed in demonetisation” – Shashi Tharoor calls out Modi govt over new bill
Next Article Omar Abdullah “Never Again” – J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah remembers Pahalgam attack victims

Latest

CJP
What is Cockroach Janta Party? Everything you need to know
INDIA
ebola
Why is the Ebola outbreak declared as international emergency?
WORLD
petrol diesel
Diesel, Petrol prices hiked once again – Check details
INDIA
LG Manoj Sinha
LG Manoj Sinha’s big statement on statehood to Jammu and Kashmir
JAMMU KASHMIR
us iran
“Clock is ticking” – Donald Trump sends warning to Iran as talks stall
WORLD
Donald Trump
Reason why Donald Trump dumped Chinese gifts into trash bin before leaving Beijing
WORLD
engineer rashid
Er. Rashid’s father passed away; Delhi High Court grants interim bail to attend last rites
JAMMU KASHMIR
ISRAEL
Israel and Lebanon ceasefire extended despite violations
WORLD
power
Rs.93 Crore Power Projects cleared for Srinagar by Omar Abdullah-led Cabinet
KASHMIR
NEET UG
BIG CHANGE coming to NEET 2027 after NEET UG 2026 paper leak
EDUCATION INDIA

Kashmir Digits Magazine is dedicated to the perpetuation of a free press for Students, Aspirants and independent Organisation as the cornerstone of our mission and movement here at Kashmir Digits.

Find Us on Socials

2026 © Kashmir Digits Media Network. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?